3D CAD software that offers professional-grade 3D mechanical design, documentation, and product simulation tools.
Autodesk Inventor Professional
Deliver innovative products faster
Autodesk® Inventor® software provides professional-grade engineering solutions for 3D mechanical design, simulation, tool creation, and design communication that help you to make great products, cost-effectively, in less time. Inventor is the foundation of the Autodesk solution for product development. The Inventor model is an accurate 3D digital model that enables you to validate the form, fit, and function of a design as you work, minimizing the need to test the design with physical prototypes
Create the best design possible
Inventor includes topology optimization tools for the optimization and lightweighting of your design. Shape generator provides an intelligent strategy for coming up with the best design possible by removing unnecessary geometry from your model that doesn’t contribute to the overall stiffness. It is based on loading conditions and the target weight requirements for your design.
Improve design collaboration and communication
Inventor is tightly integrated with Autodesk® Vault, enabling the efficient and secure exchange of design data and promoting early collaboration between design and manufacturing workgroups. AnyCAD technology enables collaboration in a multi-CAD environment by providing an associative connection with STEP, CATIA, SolidWorks, Siemens NX, Solid Edge, PTC Creo, PTC Wildfire, Autodesk Alias, and AutoCAD 2D directly to Inventor without file translation.
Integrated 2D and 3D design
With Inventor, you can easily integrate AutoCAD® and 3D data into a single digital model to create a virtual representation of the final product. Inventor helps you realize the benefits of 3D product development by providing an associative link to native DWG files that ensures accuracy in your design. Utilizing valuable DWG data with Inventor can help you compete more effectively, service your clients better, and make great products.
Tools for digital manufacturing
There is a growing demand for engineering organizations to get design data to manufacturing more efficiently. Inventor provides model-based definition for adding all necessary fabrication instruction information directly to the 3D model. This eliminates the need for a traditional 2D drawing used by CNC programmers for tolerances and surface finish on the design.
Autodesk® Inventor® is a professional-grade product design & engineering solution that enables you to make anything.
• Powerful blend of parametric, direct, freeform, and rules-based design and documentation capabilities
• Integrated tools for sheet metal, frame design, tube and pipe, cable & harness, presentations, rendering, simulation, machine design, and more
• Trusted DWGTM compatibility and powerful Model-Based Definition capabilities for embedding manufacturing information directly in the 3D model
• Custom fabrication & building content creation with direct import and publishing of native Revit file formats
• Intuitive, cohesive, modern user experience with in-product learning path and guided tutorials
• AnyCAD technology that associatively imports non-native CAD and automatically accounts for changes as they occur, without translation
• Integrated Autodesk Vault data management workflows enabling design teams to efficiently organize and manage their work across their team
• Included Shared Views capabilities that enable you to easily collect work-in-progress feedback from anyone, anywhere, on any device
• Included CAD-aware connection to Autodesk Drive for cloud-based storage and sharing
• Automation powered by iLogic, enabling rapid assembly reconfigurations, efficient design re-use, and more
• Standard & customizable content libraries including beams, bolted connections, gears, cams, belts, springs
• Extensive API enabling customization and automation with global third-party developer ecosystem
• Performance optimization for creating and editing very large assemblies and complex drawings
When purchased with Product Design and Manufacturing Collection, Inventor additionally offers
• Advanced simulation with powerful, fully-integrated Nastran simulation capabilities spanning thermal, nonlinear, transient, buckling, vibration, and other analysis types
• Powerful manufacturing capabilities such as in-canvas 2.5-5 axis toolpath generation and sheet metal nesting capabilities
• Integrated tolerance analysis to understand the cost impact of dimensional variation
• Unique factory design capabilities with layout tools and a bidirectional connection with AutoCAD
• An associative connection with Fusion 360, enabling Inventor users to connect their models with Fusion 360 for generative design and other emerging capabilities on the
Autodesk cloud platform