A Common Data Environment (CDE) in the Oil & Gas and construction industry refers to a collaborative platform that enables all stakeholders involved in a project to access and share project-related data in a centralized location.
It refers to a collaborative platform that enables all stakeholders involved in a project to access and share project-related data in a centralized location. This includes data related to plant design, engineering, construction, and maintenance.
A CDE can provide a single source of truth for all project-related information, including 3D models, drawings, specifications, calculations, and other documentation. This can help ensure that all stakeholders are working from the same set of data, minimizing errors and discrepancies.
This access depends on participant’s requirements or level of authorization, as well as their contractual obligations. Project information must be housed in a secure CDE that utilizes rigorous security protocols to ensure all stakeholders’ data is safeguarded from threats and enables project teams to collaborate and work more effectively.
- Control, insights, effortless handover, and fast ROI
- Document, Process management across the entire lifecycle
- Connected project team enhances collaboration.
- Common data environment (CDE) connects all project and model information.
- Configurable platform – enable specific processes.
- Single source of truth improves data management, reduces errors.
- Data-driven intelligence fuels continuous improvement.
- They are Hexagon partners and are closely associated with their products
- They have the expertise and skill sets in S3D and have application engineers who are from the industry and have experience working on real-life project scenarios
- Additionally, they have programmers and developers in their roll, who work in tandem with the application engineers to identify areas where automation routines can be developed.
- They have been in this market catering to customers in process and power and oil and gas for over 20 years and are well aware of the customer needs and expectations
About the Author
Mr. Raja Dharmalingam, reachable at [email protected] is working as Senior Consultant at ImageGrafix FZCO, Dubai, United Aran Emirates. He has more than Two decades of expertise in the fields of Consultancy services on PIMS, Digital twin, CDE, Cloud Infrastructure, Dashboard & Reporting and Performing Engineering Service using Smartplant tools.